VIDEO: Devil's Bowl Modifieds head to Thunder RoadSubmitted By| May 28, 2013
There was plenty of action and many crashes, bumps and spins at the Mekkelsen RV Memorial Day Classic 100 at Thunder Road in Barre. The Devil's Bowl Modifieds made the trip north for the first time and provided plenty of excitement on the day as well.Recent Vimeo VideoON THIS DAY in 1777, Captain James Cook discovers and names Christmas Island in the North Pacific...ON THIS DAY in 1864, Major General William Tecumseh Sherman sends President Abraham Lincoln a...
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brent Curtis reports on the probe into a city bar fight involving police officers; Vt. Yankee has its last media day event before final shutdown next week; Depot Park hosts annual vigil to raise awareness of plight of homeless.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Gas Systems puts Phase 2 on hold as the latest estimate for Phase 1 takes a 27 percent leap upward, to a total of $157 million; U.S. Attorney Tristram Coffin quits for job with private firm; police cite man in pot bust.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Christmas bombing of North Vietnam ordered by President Richard Nixon, most lethal strikes of the war; in 1989, U.S. invades Panama to depose, arrest and charge Gen. Manuel Noriega with drug trafficking, racketeering.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Gov. Peter Shumlin announces demise of his single-payer health insurance initiative; convicted first-degree murderer Alan Prue sentenced to 50 years for killing teacher Melissa Jenkins; veterans chafed about park naming snub.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 497 BC, first Saturnalia festival celebrated in Rome, Scandinavians retain 'Yule Goat' as symbol of season, Krampus, evil side of holiday cheer, terrorizes children into better behavior, more advice from Christopher Hitchens.