No injuries in Townshend crash SaturdayMay 27,2013No injuries in crash on Saturday
TOWNSHEND — No injuries were reported after a two-car crash on Saturday afternoon on Route 30.
In a press release, Vermont State Police Trooper James Matthews said Sher Ward, 64, of Townshend, was driving a 2003 Volkswagen north on Route 30 around 2:30 p.m. on Saturday and planned to make a left turn. Lydia Mourad, 60, of West Roxbury, Mass., was also driving north in a 2003 Subaru Forester.
Matthews said Mourad failed to slow down and the Forester sideswiped the Volkswagen as it was turning.
Both vehicles came to rest under their own power off the travel portion of the road. No injuries were reported.
Matthews said Townshend Fire and Rescue responded to the scene and Rod’s Mobil removed the vehicles.MORE IN This Just InThe man charged in a hit-and-run crash that killed a pedestrian in Killington early Sunday... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation