No injuries in Townshend crash SaturdayMay 27,2013No injuries in crash on Saturday
TOWNSHEND — No injuries were reported after a two-car crash on Saturday afternoon on Route 30.
In a press release, Vermont State Police Trooper James Matthews said Sher Ward, 64, of Townshend, was driving a 2003 Volkswagen north on Route 30 around 2:30 p.m. on Saturday and planned to make a left turn. Lydia Mourad, 60, of West Roxbury, Mass., was also driving north in a 2003 Subaru Forester.
Matthews said Mourad failed to slow down and the Forester sideswiped the Volkswagen as it was turning.
Both vehicles came to rest under their own power off the travel portion of the road. No injuries were reported.
Matthews said Townshend Fire and Rescue responded to the scene and Rod’s Mobil removed the vehicles.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.