Vt. rec path revived 2 yearsMay 25,2013COLCHESTER — Two year after Lake Champlain flooding destroyed part of it, the Colchester Causeway recreational path has been restored for bicyclists, runners, walkers and fishermen.
The Colchester Causeway, along with a stretch to the north in South Hero, is a five-mile, unpaved northern portion of Island Line Trail. It connects to the south to Colchester’s Airport Park and the 7.5-mile paved Burlington Bike Path.
The Burlington Free Press reported that restoration work took place last year from May to October and cost $500,000.
Seventy-five percent of the money to repair the causeway came from federal funds and 15 percent came from the state. The remaining 10 percent came largely from Burlington-based nonprofit Local Motion, and from an anonymous donorMORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation