Allen J. PettyMay 23,2013Allen J. Petty Rites
FAIR HAVEN — The graveside service for Allen J. “Bud” Petty, 85, who died Jan. 24, 2013, was held Wednesday, May 22, in Cedar Grove Cemetery in Fair Haven.
Military honors were provided by the Vermont Air National Guard and American Legion Post 49 in Fair Haven who provided the honor guard and firing detail. TSGT Morrell Bunbury sounded taps and assisted 1st SGT Cliff Sterling in folding the flag which was presented to Mr. Petty’s wife, Kay.
Bearers were Terry Petty and Kevin, Ryan and Adrian Brower.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Mallory Funeral Home in Fair Haven.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Julius Caesar dedicates a temple to his mythical ancestor, Venus Genetrix; on this day in 1933, FBI agents in Memphis, Tennessee, arrest Machine Gun Kelly; Yves Rossi flies the English Channel with home-made jet-pack.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1852, Henri Giffard demonstrates the first steam-powered airship, sailing 17 miles from Paris to Trappes; on this day in 1877, Japanese imperial troops crush the Satsuma Rebellion, Saigo Takamori dies in Kagoshima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: U.S. Rep. Peter Welch meets with Killington business owners, governor candidates debate, Gov. Shumlin discusses progress in anti-opiate campaign, Spanos trial venue moves to White River Junction.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1776, as Nathan Hale is hanged by British military authorities for spying, he utters his famous last words — or does he? In 1975, Sara Jane Moore attempts to kill President Gerald R. Ford in San Francisco.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Patrick McArdle reports and the theft of an $89,000 shotgun, police release a video of the Monday Castleton robbery, O'Gorman reports a lawsuit by a local man claiming his vehicle unlawfully seized, police leave him in cold.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Giles Corey of Salem, Mass., is pressed to death during the Salem witch trials; on this day in 1952, film comedian Charlie Chaplin, while traveling to England, is denied re-entry into the United States by U.S. attorney general.