City car crash damages houseMay 22,2013Car crash
A car crash at the intersection of Forest and South streets in Rutland damaged a home when one of the cars careened into the porch.
Two children in one of the vehicles were taken to the hospital for examination, according to city police.
Police say two cars crashed in the intersection at around 9:30 p.m. Sunday. One of the drivers, 26-year-old Bethany Thompson of Rutland, failed to yield to another car already in the intersection driven by 29-year-old Sheila Nichols of Rutland, according to police.
When the two vehicles collided, Nichols’ sandals reportedly became stuck to the pedal and she was unable to stop the car before it struck the porch of the house at 101 Forest St. The damage to the structure was described as significant with more than $2,000 worth of repairs estimated by the homeowner.
Police said two children ages 3 and 8 who were riding in the backseat of Thompson’s car were taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center after the crash.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD — Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.