City car crash damages houseMay 22,2013Car crash
A car crash at the intersection of Forest and South streets in Rutland damaged a home when one of the cars careened into the porch.
Two children in one of the vehicles were taken to the hospital for examination, according to city police.
Police say two cars crashed in the intersection at around 9:30 p.m. Sunday. One of the drivers, 26-year-old Bethany Thompson of Rutland, failed to yield to another car already in the intersection driven by 29-year-old Sheila Nichols of Rutland, according to police.
When the two vehicles collided, Nicholsí sandals reportedly became stuck to the pedal and she was unable to stop the car before it struck the porch of the house at 101 Forest St. The damage to the structure was described as significant with more than $2,000 worth of repairs estimated by the homeowner.
Police said two children ages 3 and 8 who were riding in the backseat of Thompsonís car were taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center after the crash.MORE IN This Just InPITTSFORD – The Select Board meets tonight at 6:30 to hear a presentation by Green Lantern... Full StoryTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.