Teen pleads guilty to domestic assaultMay 22,2013BENNINGTON — A Shaftsbury teenager pleaded guilty Monday to a charge of domestic assault after admitting that she bit the arm of her mother’s boyfriend at their home Sunday.
Haley V. Iserman, 17, of Shaftsbury, was arraigned Monday in Bennington criminal court on the misdemeanor charge of domestic assault. Iserman entered a “conditional guilty plea,” under an agreement that the case would be transferred to family court where she could be charged as a youthful offender.
In an affidavit, police said they were called to Iserman’s East Road home Sunday around 8:15 p.m. Police said Iserman’s mother, Nancy Iserman, said an argument started over Haley’s medication.
Nancy Iserman said she believed her daughter was selling the medication at school instead of taking it, according to the affidavit.
Police said Nancy told them Haley Iserman pushed and slapped her. Jason Lofaro, Nancy Iserman’s boyfriend, told police that Haley bit him when he tried to restrain her from attacking Nancy.
According to police, Haley Iserman was taken to the Vermont State Police barracks in Shaftsbury to be interviewed. Nancy Iserman was in the room to act as Haley’s guardian but police said Haley became “loud and aggressive” toward Nancy and made physically threatening moves toward Nancy which forced them to remove Haley from the room.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.