Teen pleads guilty to domestic assaultMay 22,2013BENNINGTON — A Shaftsbury teenager pleaded guilty Monday to a charge of domestic assault after admitting that she bit the arm of her mother’s boyfriend at their home Sunday.
Haley V. Iserman, 17, of Shaftsbury, was arraigned Monday in Bennington criminal court on the misdemeanor charge of domestic assault. Iserman entered a “conditional guilty plea,” under an agreement that the case would be transferred to family court where she could be charged as a youthful offender.
In an affidavit, police said they were called to Iserman’s East Road home Sunday around 8:15 p.m. Police said Iserman’s mother, Nancy Iserman, said an argument started over Haley’s medication.
Nancy Iserman said she believed her daughter was selling the medication at school instead of taking it, according to the affidavit.
Police said Nancy told them Haley Iserman pushed and slapped her. Jason Lofaro, Nancy Iserman’s boyfriend, told police that Haley bit him when he tried to restrain her from attacking Nancy.
According to police, Haley Iserman was taken to the Vermont State Police barracks in Shaftsbury to be interviewed. Nancy Iserman was in the room to act as Haley’s guardian but police said Haley became “loud and aggressive” toward Nancy and made physically threatening moves toward Nancy which forced them to remove Haley from the room.MORE IN This Just InA meeting of all Rutland Plywood employees is scheduled for 1 p.m. today. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1915, the New York World publishes scoop: Thom. Edison diverts chemical from war production to help German pharmaceutical company make aspirin; on this day in 1935, Will Rogers, Wiley Post die in Alaska plane crash.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.