Teen pleads guilty to domestic assaultMay 22,2013BENNINGTON — A Shaftsbury teenager pleaded guilty Monday to a charge of domestic assault after admitting that she bit the arm of her mother’s boyfriend at their home Sunday.
Haley V. Iserman, 17, of Shaftsbury, was arraigned Monday in Bennington criminal court on the misdemeanor charge of domestic assault. Iserman entered a “conditional guilty plea,” under an agreement that the case would be transferred to family court where she could be charged as a youthful offender.
In an affidavit, police said they were called to Iserman’s East Road home Sunday around 8:15 p.m. Police said Iserman’s mother, Nancy Iserman, said an argument started over Haley’s medication.
Nancy Iserman said she believed her daughter was selling the medication at school instead of taking it, according to the affidavit.
Police said Nancy told them Haley Iserman pushed and slapped her. Jason Lofaro, Nancy Iserman’s boyfriend, told police that Haley bit him when he tried to restrain her from attacking Nancy.
According to police, Haley Iserman was taken to the Vermont State Police barracks in Shaftsbury to be interviewed. Nancy Iserman was in the room to act as Haley’s guardian but police said Haley became “loud and aggressive” toward Nancy and made physically threatening moves toward Nancy which forced them to remove Haley from the room.MORE IN This Just InTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: A brief midsummer return of last winter’s stubborn cold air mass descends over the Northern Plains, Midwest and Northeast this week bringing colder than seasonable daytime temperatures. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full StoryRICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: 2nd president John Adams signs Sedition Act on this day in 1798 providing jail time for criticizing the government; Jerry Rubin, co-creator of the Yippies, American activist, political theorist, businessman, born this day in 1938. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott uploads astronomic, historic and epigrammatic content... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: A brief midsummer return of last winter’s stubborn cold air mass descends over the Northern Plains, Midwest and Northeast this week bringing colder than seasonable daytime temperatures.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Founding father and 2nd president John Adams signs Sedition Act on this day in 1798 providing jail time for criticizing the government; Benjamin Franklin's grandson and namesake dies in jail, for satirizing the president.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.