Teen pleads guilty to domestic assaultMay 22,2013BENNINGTON — A Shaftsbury teenager pleaded guilty Monday to a charge of domestic assault after admitting that she bit the arm of her mother’s boyfriend at their home Sunday.
Haley V. Iserman, 17, of Shaftsbury, was arraigned Monday in Bennington criminal court on the misdemeanor charge of domestic assault. Iserman entered a “conditional guilty plea,” under an agreement that the case would be transferred to family court where she could be charged as a youthful offender.
In an affidavit, police said they were called to Iserman’s East Road home Sunday around 8:15 p.m. Police said Iserman’s mother, Nancy Iserman, said an argument started over Haley’s medication.
Nancy Iserman said she believed her daughter was selling the medication at school instead of taking it, according to the affidavit.
Police said Nancy told them Haley Iserman pushed and slapped her. Jason Lofaro, Nancy Iserman’s boyfriend, told police that Haley bit him when he tried to restrain her from attacking Nancy.
According to police, Haley Iserman was taken to the Vermont State Police barracks in Shaftsbury to be interviewed. Nancy Iserman was in the room to act as Haley’s guardian but police said Haley became “loud and aggressive” toward Nancy and made physically threatening moves toward Nancy which forced them to remove Haley from the room.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.