New Select Board member appointedMay 21,2013Ammatuna takes board seat
BRANDON — A town Lister has been tapped to serve on the Select Board.
By unanimous decision, the Brandon Select Board voted last week to appoint Maria Ammatuna to fill the seat left vacant by Richard Baker.
Ammatuna, who also serves on the Otter Valley Union High School Board, will finish out the last year of a three-year term which expires on Town Meeting Day in March 2014. The board received six letters of interest for the post.
She replaces Baker, who served 17 years on the board (15 consecutively) stepped down last month to serve as the town’s interim town manager.MORE IN This Just InDearest farm, with your well-worked fields full of food, I love you. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.