New Select Board member appointedMay 21,2013Ammatuna takes board seat
BRANDON — A town Lister has been tapped to serve on the Select Board.
By unanimous decision, the Brandon Select Board voted last week to appoint Maria Ammatuna to fill the seat left vacant by Richard Baker.
Ammatuna, who also serves on the Otter Valley Union High School Board, will finish out the last year of a three-year term which expires on Town Meeting Day in March 2014. The board received six letters of interest for the post.
She replaces Baker, who served 17 years on the board (15 consecutively) stepped down last month to serve as the town’s interim town manager.MORE IN This Just InHours after a fire at Rutland Plywood seemed to be out another one started and destroyed the... Full StoryTOWNSHEND - A man and woman are dead after a double shooting late Wednesday afternoon, according ... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.