Couple deny arson chargeMay 21,2013Couple deny arson charge
A Fair Haven couple charged with torching their car dealership denied a pair of arson charges brought against them.
Edward David, 50, and his wife Tammy, 46, pleaded innocent Monday in Rutland criminal court to felony charges of second-degree arson.
They were released on minimal court-ordered conditions after the hearing.
The pair allegedly lit a fire that destroyed their dealership on the evening of March 17.
A Vermont State Police investigation into the fire revealed that the couple left the building minutes before the fire started and that they are more than $1.1 million in debt including delinquent property taxes in the amount of $7,000 owed in Castleton and $21,000 in delinquent taxes owed in Fair Haven.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.