Neva GibbsMay 21,2013Neva Gibbs
BENSON — Neva Gibbs, 68, died Saturday, May 18, 2013, at the Rutland Regional Medical Center.
She was born April 8, 1945, in Windsor Locks, Conn., the daughter of Clealand and Lorraine (Abbott) Swenor.
She grew up in Columbia, Conn., and graduated from Windham High School in Windham, Conn.
She married Russell E. Gibbs in 1965, and came to Vermont in 1970. The couple first lived in Forest Dale, and were residents of Benson for the past 18 years.
She was employed for a number of years at the former Tambrands Company in Rutland.
She was an avid reader and enjoyed playing cards and fishing.
Survivors include her husband, Russell E. Gibbs Sr. of Benson; her children, Patricia Duby of Texas, Theron Gibbs and Russell E. Gibbs Jr., both of Rutland, Owen Gibbs of Fair Haven, and Samantha West of Benson; a brother, Clealand Swenor of Texas; seven grandchildren, four great-grandchildren, many nieces, nephews and cousins.
A service celebrating her life will be conducted Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at 10 a.m. in the Mallory Funeral Home, 4 South Park Place, in Fair Haven. There are no calling hours.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society, 121 Connor Way, Ste. 240, Williston, VT 05495-1460.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.