Ray Manzarek, the keyboardist who was a founding member of the legendary rock band, The Doors, has died. He was 74.
Publicist Heidi Robinson-Fitzgerald says in a news release that Manzarek died Monday at the RoMed Clinic in Rosenheim, Germany, surrounded by his family. He had been stricken with bile duct cancer.
Manzarek founded The Doors after meeting then-poet Jim Morrison in California. The band went on to become one of the most successful rock `n’ roll acts to emerge from the 1960s and continues to resonate with fans decades after Morrison’s early death effectively brought the band to an end.MORE IN Wire NewsBEIT JALLA, West Bank — The Palestinians are ready to extend current peace talks with Israel... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation