ATV driver crashes in West RupertMay 19,2013Staff Report
WEST RUPERT - A Pawlet man is in stable condition after an all-terrain vehicle crash Saturday.
Police said Michael Maynes, 24, was driving an ATV on Route 153 at around 7:30 p.m. when he went off the road and struck a fence.
Maynes was transported to Albany Medical Center, where he was listed in stable condition, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
Police suspected Maynes was under the influence of intoxicants at the time of the crash. Maynes provided police with an evidentiary blood sample. Maynes is facing charges of driving an ATV on a public highway and driving under the influence.
The crash remains under investigation and anyone with information is asked to call State Trooper Dave Ferencik at 442-5421.MORE IN This Just InStaff Report Full StoryBy Brent Curtis Full StoryBy Erin Mansfield Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.