Jane M. RobertsMay 19,2013Jane M. Roberts
FAIRFIELD, Conn. — Jane (Madden) Roberts, age 82, the beloved wife of the late Frederick N. Roberts, passed away peacefully on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, with her family by her side.
She was born in Forest Hills, Queens, N.Y., to the late Harold T. and Veronica D. (Stecher) Madden. Jane spent many years in Westport and Fairfield, but also enjoyed her life in Ridgewood, N.J., Pittsfield, VT, and Trumbull, CT.
Jane was a graduate of Cornell Nursing School in New York City, part of New York Hospital, where she proudly worked as a Registered Nurse. She was a member of the Westport Garden Club and involved with the Connecticut Audubon Society in Fairfield. Her most precious moments were spent raising her six loving children, spending time with her adored grandchildren and traveling with family and friends.
She is survived by her loving children: Thomas F. Roberts and Winny Rush of Sarasota, FL, Lynn V. (James) McNulty of Fairfield, Beth A. (Brian) Fox of Medway, MA, Ellen E. Jean-Joseph of Trumbull, Carol R. Ricketts of Rutland, VT, and Laurence N. (Sondra) Roberts of Weston. She will also be missed by her 13 grandchildren: Alan Roberts, Jennifer Roberts, Sean Fox, Myles Ricketts (Alyssa Hepburn), Shannon Fox, Jake McNulty, Ryan Jean-Joseph, Kevin Ricketts, Connor Fox, Leslie McNulty, Jon Jean-Joseph, Laurence N. Roberts, Jr., and Peter Roberts; and great-grandchildren, Arianna and Mason Ricketts. In addition to her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by her brother, William H. Madden.
Friends are invited to attend a family gathering on Tuesday, May 21, 2013, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, 50 Reef Road in Fairfield Center. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 10 a.m. directly at First Church Congregational, 148 Beach Road in Fairfield. Interment is private.
The family would like to thank Jane’s aides, Beverly Martin and Markita Johnson, for the wonderful and loving care they gave to Jane over the past year.
Contributions may be made in her memory to: The Connecticut Audubon Society, Fairfield Center: 2325 Burr St., Fairfield, CT 06824; or to the Pittsfield Federated Church: 88 Village Green, P.O. Box 715, Pittsfield, VT 05762.
To send an online condolence, please visit www.shaughnesseybanks.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.