Mobile home park faces foreclosureMay 15,2013BENNINGTON ó A Bennington mobile home park that has been under pressure from the town and the state of Vermont to fix problems with its water supply is now facing a foreclosure complaint.
The complaint against John Bushee Jr., owner of Sunset Farm Mobile Home Park, was filed April 30 in Bennington civil court by an attorney for Peopleís United Bank.
The Bennington Banner reported the complaint said real estate taxes and a promissory note havenít been paid, putting Bushee in default. The original promissory note was for $120,000.
Bennington records say the park owes $31,839 in property taxes, including interest and penalties, going back to 2008.
Lawyers in the case have declined to comment.
Last year the Town of Bennington reached an agreement with Bushee to fix a problem with the water system that supplies the park. The agreement calls for Bushee to install a new filtration system. He needs a permit from the Department of Environmental Conservation Drinking Water and Groundwater Protection Division for the system, but as of late last month it had not been granted.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD ó Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.