Mobile home park faces foreclosureMay 15,2013BENNINGTON ó A Bennington mobile home park that has been under pressure from the town and the state of Vermont to fix problems with its water supply is now facing a foreclosure complaint.
The complaint against John Bushee Jr., owner of Sunset Farm Mobile Home Park, was filed April 30 in Bennington civil court by an attorney for Peopleís United Bank.
The Bennington Banner reported the complaint said real estate taxes and a promissory note havenít been paid, putting Bushee in default. The original promissory note was for $120,000.
Bennington records say the park owes $31,839 in property taxes, including interest and penalties, going back to 2008.
Lawyers in the case have declined to comment.
Last year the Town of Bennington reached an agreement with Bushee to fix a problem with the water system that supplies the park. The agreement calls for Bushee to install a new filtration system. He needs a permit from the Department of Environmental Conservation Drinking Water and Groundwater Protection Division for the system, but as of late last month it had not been granted.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.