Mobile home park faces foreclosureMay 15,2013BENNINGTON — A Bennington mobile home park that has been under pressure from the town and the state of Vermont to fix problems with its water supply is now facing a foreclosure complaint.
The complaint against John Bushee Jr., owner of Sunset Farm Mobile Home Park, was filed April 30 in Bennington civil court by an attorney for People’s United Bank.
The Bennington Banner reported the complaint said real estate taxes and a promissory note haven’t been paid, putting Bushee in default. The original promissory note was for $120,000.
Bennington records say the park owes $31,839 in property taxes, including interest and penalties, going back to 2008.
Lawyers in the case have declined to comment.
Last year the Town of Bennington reached an agreement with Bushee to fix a problem with the water system that supplies the park. The agreement calls for Bushee to install a new filtration system. He needs a permit from the Department of Environmental Conservation Drinking Water and Groundwater Protection Division for the system, but as of late last month it had not been granted.MORE IN This Just InSki area operators in Vermont and across northern New England were giddy Wednesday at the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.