AT&T restoring cell service to townMay 15,2013PUTNEY — Some AT&T cellphone customers in Putney could see their service restored after it was inadvertently cut during an upgrade in the southeastern Vermont community.
Gov. Peter Shumlin, who lives in Putney, said AT&T told him the Putney service for some customers was lost when the company ended a roaming agreement with Verizon for 2G service because it had completed work on its own towers that offered 3G and 4G capacity.
The Brattleboro Reformer reported the switchover caused some 2G customers to lose service on April 19.
Shumlin said he has been reassured by AT&T officials that the loss of service was an oversight and that the customers should see the restoration of coverage soon.MORE IN This Just InPOULTNEY — Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesn’t know how to slow down. Full StoryFAIRLEE — The Thetford Energy Committee was honored Saturday at a statewide energy conference... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation