Fire leaves two families homelessMay 13,2013ST. JOHNSBURY — The American Red Cross says it’s come to the aid of two families living in a building damaged by an early-morning fire Sunday in St. Johnsbury.
The building was evacuated after the fire broke out, and several fire departments responded. The Red Cross provided emergency needs of the families that were displaced.
For one family of two adults and a child, financial support was provided to help with food and clothing. For a family of two adults in a second apartment, food, clothing and temporary lodging was arranged.MORE IN This Just InTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.