Police search for Shrewsbury womanMay 10,2013Police looking
for local woman
Police are asking for help in locating a Shrewsbury woman who may be in distress, according to the Rutland County Sheriff’s Department.
Police said Jessica N. Lennon, 36, asked a convenience store clerk in Clarendon for help and acted strangely during her visit to the store at about noon Monday.
Seven hours later, Sheriff’s Department Sgt. David Fox said, police reached Lennon by phone in New Jersey, where she said she was “fine.”
Despite that assurance, Fox said police have concerns about her welfare and are hoping to talk to her again.
Fox said police believe Lennon is back in the area after she was reportedly seen at Washbucklers in Rutland during the early-morning hours Tuesday.
Lennon — described as 5 feet 6 inches tall with brown hair, hazel eyes and a tattoo of a lizard on her shoulder — was last seen driving a silver 2007 Volvo XC90.
Anyone who knows her whereabouts is asked to call the Sheriff’s Department at 775-8002.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD — Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.