Police search for Shrewsbury womanMay 10,2013Police looking
for local woman
Police are asking for help in locating a Shrewsbury woman who may be in distress, according to the Rutland County Sheriff’s Department.
Police said Jessica N. Lennon, 36, asked a convenience store clerk in Clarendon for help and acted strangely during her visit to the store at about noon Monday.
Seven hours later, Sheriff’s Department Sgt. David Fox said, police reached Lennon by phone in New Jersey, where she said she was “fine.”
Despite that assurance, Fox said police have concerns about her welfare and are hoping to talk to her again.
Fox said police believe Lennon is back in the area after she was reportedly seen at Washbucklers in Rutland during the early-morning hours Tuesday.
Lennon — described as 5 feet 6 inches tall with brown hair, hazel eyes and a tattoo of a lizard on her shoulder — was last seen driving a silver 2007 Volvo XC90.
Anyone who knows her whereabouts is asked to call the Sheriff’s Department at 775-8002.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.