Rutland DPW going socialMay 10,2013Rutland’s DPW
now going social
Now Rutland residents can follow the city’s Department of Public Works through social media.
The department is now on Facebook and Twitter, where residents can find out about the latest road and bridge closures, water interruptions, street and utility improvements, and other information, according to DPW Commissioner Jeff Wennberg.
The city has already used the social media sites to alert the public to the closure of the Crescent Street Bridge and a street closure to repair a water main leak.
Information about neighborhoods affected by water-main flushing was also loaded onto the sites.
To receive Facebook notices from the department, residents can go to facebook.com/rutlandcitydpw and click “like.”
To receive Twitter tweets, residents can follow the department by visiting twitter.com/rutlandcitydpw.MORE IN This Just InKILLINGTON — Vermont State Police say they have made an arrest in the hit and run death of ... Full StoryPOULTNEY — Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesn’t know how to slow down. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation