Lillian M. WoodMay 10,2013Lillian M. Wood
WEST HAVEN — Lillian Mary (Corey) Wood, 67, of West Haven passed away Wednesday morning, May 8, 2013, at the Rutland Regional Medical Center following a brief illness
She was born in Sharon, VT, on September 30, 1945, the daughter of Clifford B. and Ruth (Brown) Corey.
She was educated in East Granville and then, later, Randolph schools.
Lillian married Robert N. Wood on June 8, 1963, and together they had four sons.
She was a Grange member for 18 years, and also belonged to FCE Circle of Friends for 33 years.
Lillian liked to sew and attend numerous craft shows. Also, she had a love for gardening and mowing the lawn. A special day for Lillian was having a family get-together with lots of food and laughter.
Survivors include her husband of almost 50 years, Robert of West Haven; three sons and their families, Robert Wood and his wife Jeanne of Whiting, Ronald Wood and his companion Lisa Ladd of West Haven, and Ryan Wood and his wife Becky of East Poultney; eight grandchildren and four great-grandchildren; a sister Betty Bacon and her husband Fred of East Poultney; one niece Kathy Burnell and her family of Poultney; three nephews John Corey and family of Washington, Alan Brown and family, and Clifford Corey and family of Oregon.
He was predeceased by a son Randy Wood in 1984, her father, her mother Ruth I. Barnes, her stepfather Howard Barnes, and two brothers Allyn Corey and Glenn Corey.
There will be no public calling hours or funeral service. A private burial will be held at a later date in West Haven Cemetery.
Arrangements are by the Durfee Funeral Home.
Memorial contributions may be made, in lieu of flowers, to the West Haven Fire Department, c/o Durfee Funeral Home, PO Box 86, Fair Haven, VT 05743.
The family would like to thank all the doctors, nurses, hospital staff, friends and neighbors who helped them.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!