BURLINGTON — The Vermont Army National Guard said some small fires at the forested Ethan Allen Firing Range in Jericho flared up during training exercises last weekend.
Capt. Chris Gookin of the guard told the Burlington Free Press the fires were contained.
He said the fires were sparked by the use of munitions and small arms during weekend training. He said none of the fires had gotten out of control.MORE IN Vermont NewsCOLCHESTER — A bunch of kids in a minivan are solving twin challenges in northern Vermont:... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.