Local man injured in Route 30 crashMay 08,2013Local man injured
in Route 30 crash
POULTNEY ó A Rutland man was injured, but not badly, police said, after a car collided with the driverís side of his vehicle on Route 30.
Vermont State Police said Gregory McCormick, 53, was driving north on the highway at 4:23 p.m. Monday when a 1997 Oldsmobile driven by Laura Pike, 39, of Poultney pulled off a side street and struck his 2002 Honda Accord.
Pike was stopped at the end of Farnham Avenue as McCormick approached Route 30ís intersection with that road, police said.
As McCormick passed by, Pike drove east into the intersection, striking the Honda, police said.
The crash severely damaged the driverís side of the Honda, police said, and McCormick was taken by ambulance to Rutland Regional Medical Center for treatment of an unknown arm injury. A hospital spokeswoman said McCormick had been treated and released.
Speed and alcohol were not factors in the crash, police said, and no charges have been brought.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call state police at 773-9101.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.