Green Mountain Coffee Roasters earnings increaseMay 08,2013Staff Report
WATERBURY - Green Mountain Coffee Roasters reported Wednesday second quarter earnings of 93 cents a share over the same period last year.
Revenue increased 14 percent to $1 billion over the prior year period. Net income for the quarter was $140.9 million compared to $101.7 million a year ago.
"Our industry-leading single serve business - made up of single serve packs, Keurig brewers and accessories - grew a healthy 16 percent in our second fiscal quarter contributing to strong earnings growth and significant free cash flow generation," said Brian Kelley, GMCR president and CEO.
"We expect the Keurig brewer installed base in U.S. households to grow between 25 percent to 30 percent in fiscal 2013 with volume of our single serve packs growing proportionately with the anticipated brewer installed base."
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.