Green Mountain Coffee Roasters earnings increaseMay 08,2013Staff Report
WATERBURY - Green Mountain Coffee Roasters reported Wednesday second quarter earnings of 93 cents a share over the same period last year.
Revenue increased 14 percent to $1 billion over the prior year period. Net income for the quarter was $140.9 million compared to $101.7 million a year ago.
"Our industry-leading single serve business - made up of single serve packs, Keurig brewers and accessories - grew a healthy 16 percent in our second fiscal quarter contributing to strong earnings growth and significant free cash flow generation," said Brian Kelley, GMCR president and CEO.
"We expect the Keurig brewer installed base in U.S. households to grow between 25 percent to 30 percent in fiscal 2013 with volume of our single serve packs growing proportionately with the anticipated brewer installed base."MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.