Robert L. LavoieMay 08,2013
Robert L. LavoieRobert L. Lavoie
Robert L. Lavoie, 82, of Rutland, died on Saturday, May 4, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center after a long illness.
Robert was born on June 27, 1930, the son of Leo J. and Violet F. (Thomson) Lavoie.
He married Jane Coffey in 1951.
Robert served his country for 2 years in the U.S. Navy Submarine Service, and then was a member of the U.S. Naval Reserves for 4 years.
He was self-employed in the furnace business and was employed for many years as a professional salesman.
He was a member and Chaplain of the Rutland VFW. He was also a member of the American Legion and the United States Submarine Veterans.
Robert was an avid fisherman.
Robert is survived by his children, Robbie, Susan, Lynn, Debbie and Steve; sisters, Patricia Dominski of Sebastian, FL, and Elizabeth Crosby of Northport, FL; and brother, Jim Lavoie of St. Albans, VT.
Besides his parents, he was predeceased by his sisters, Barbara Hill and Carol Adams Stark.
Visiting hours will be on Thursday, May 9, 2013, from 4 to 7 p.m. at LaVigne Funeral Home, 132 Main St., Winooski. Interment with military honors will be on Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at 10:30 a.m. at Vermont Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Randolph, VT.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Rutland Area VNA and Hospice, 7 Cree Dr., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.