Ralph K. Williams RitesMay 08,2013Ralph K. Williams Rites
The funeral service for Ralph Kenneth Williams, 76, of West Rutland who died May 2, 2013, at his home was held Monday, May 6, 2013, at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.
The Rev. John Longworth, pastor, officiated.
Organist was Terry De Young, accompanied by the church choir.
Burial followed in the East Clarendon Cemetery.
The Rev. Longworth held a prayer service Sunday, May 5, at the Aldous Funeral Home.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Hillside Road, Rutland, VT 05701; or American Heart Association, New England Affiliate, 20 Speen Street, Framingham, MA 01701-4688.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 410 CE, Visigoths sack Rome and it isn't the first time, either; in 1859, Titusville, Pa., the first commercially viable oil well comes in; in 1918, the only World War I battle fought on U.S. soil in Nogales, Ariz.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Archaelogists uncover artifacts proving that late neolithic Egyptians, pre-dating the Pyramids of Giza, practiced mummification to prepare their dead for the afterlife, far earlier than presupposed.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.