Fair Haven man denies sex chargeMay 07,2013Fair Haven man denies sex charge
A Fair Haven man already facing criminal sex offense charges pleaded innocent Monday to three additional charges alleging sexual acts involving an 11-year-old girl.
According to court records, Brandon Ellis, 18, answered to two felony charges of lewd and lascivious conduct and one felony charge of lewd and lascivious conduct with a child. If convicted, he faces up to 20 years in jail.
In an affidavit, Vermont State Police Detective Michael Notte wrote that investigators with the Special Investigation Unit in Rutland, which handles sex crimes, received a report from a 13-year-old female who said when she was 11, Ellis exposed himself, wanted her to touch. The girl told police she did not say anything before because her family trusted Ellis and did not want to ruin it.
Ellis was arrested in April. At the time of his arrest, Ellis was out on court-ordered conditions of release pending sex charges including sexual assault and lewd and lascivious conduct that police said occurred at the same time as the new charges.
On Monday, Ellis was again released on conditions of release.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER – The United States Department of Agriculture announced today that schools in... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Ensisheim meteorite falls into Alsatian wheatfield, 1665, first issue of London Gazette, 1874, Thomas Nast cartoon features elephant as GOP symbol, 1907, Jesus Garcia saves town from burning dynamite boxcar.