Fair Haven man denies sex chargeMay 07,2013Fair Haven man denies sex charge
A Fair Haven man already facing criminal sex offense charges pleaded innocent Monday to three additional charges alleging sexual acts involving an 11-year-old girl.
According to court records, Brandon Ellis, 18, answered to two felony charges of lewd and lascivious conduct and one felony charge of lewd and lascivious conduct with a child. If convicted, he faces up to 20 years in jail.
In an affidavit, Vermont State Police Detective Michael Notte wrote that investigators with the Special Investigation Unit in Rutland, which handles sex crimes, received a report from a 13-year-old female who said when she was 11, Ellis exposed himself, wanted her to touch. The girl told police she did not say anything before because her family trusted Ellis and did not want to ruin it.
Ellis was arrested in April. At the time of his arrest, Ellis was out on court-ordered conditions of release pending sex charges including sexual assault and lewd and lascivious conduct that police said occurred at the same time as the new charges.
On Monday, Ellis was again released on conditions of release.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — Vermont Health Department says eight children from the Charlotte Central... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bryanna Allen reports Castleton Downtown hosts open house, fire in Springfield leaves family without a roof of their own, suspected Bosnian war criminal trial goes to jury, Brent Curtis reports Rutland Town budget set to rise.