Fair Haven man denies sex chargeMay 07,2013Fair Haven man denies sex charge
A Fair Haven man already facing criminal sex offense charges pleaded innocent Monday to three additional charges alleging sexual acts involving an 11-year-old girl.
According to court records, Brandon Ellis, 18, answered to two felony charges of lewd and lascivious conduct and one felony charge of lewd and lascivious conduct with a child. If convicted, he faces up to 20 years in jail.
In an affidavit, Vermont State Police Detective Michael Notte wrote that investigators with the Special Investigation Unit in Rutland, which handles sex crimes, received a report from a 13-year-old female who said when she was 11, Ellis exposed himself, wanted her to touch. The girl told police she did not say anything before because her family trusted Ellis and did not want to ruin it.
Ellis was arrested in April. At the time of his arrest, Ellis was out on court-ordered conditions of release pending sex charges including sexual assault and lewd and lascivious conduct that police said occurred at the same time as the new charges.
On Monday, Ellis was again released on conditions of release.MORE IN This Just InBy Erin Mansfield Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.