Rita R. PomadaMay 07,2013Rita R. Pomada
Rita R. Pomada, 98, died May 5, 2013, at the Mountain View Center.
She was born Sept. 5, 1915, in New York City, to Jacob and Barbara Ross.
She married Maxim Pomada on October 1, 1938. He died August 15, 1951.
She was a graduate of Cornell University, Class of 1936, as was her husband Maxim. She worked for Orange County, N.Y., Department of Social Services.
She is survived by four children: Elizabeth Pomada of San Francisco, Calif.; Carolyn Sheeley of Rutland, Susan Sheeley of Poultney, and Charles Pomada of Ithaca, N.Y.; six grandchildren, Cynthia Meardy, Alan Sheeley, Julie Cogswell, and Emma, Maxim, and Elizabeth Pomada.
There will be a private service at the convenience of the family.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.