Rita R. PomadaMay 07,2013Rita R. Pomada
Rita R. Pomada, 98, died May 5, 2013, at the Mountain View Center.
She was born Sept. 5, 1915, in New York City, to Jacob and Barbara Ross.
She married Maxim Pomada on October 1, 1938. He died August 15, 1951.
She was a graduate of Cornell University, Class of 1936, as was her husband Maxim. She worked for Orange County, N.Y., Department of Social Services.
She is survived by four children: Elizabeth Pomada of San Francisco, Calif.; Carolyn Sheeley of Rutland, Susan Sheeley of Poultney, and Charles Pomada of Ithaca, N.Y.; six grandchildren, Cynthia Meardy, Alan Sheeley, Julie Cogswell, and Emma, Maxim, and Elizabeth Pomada.
There will be a private service at the convenience of the family.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.