Kenneth B. WalkerMay 06,2013Kenneth B. Walker Rites
The graveside service for Kenneth Braman Walker, 81, of Rutland and formerly of Benson, who died Sunday, Jan. 6, 2013, was held Friday, May 3, in Fairview Cemetery in Benson.
The Rev. James Hogan, pastor of Hydeville Baptist Church, officiated.
Honorary bearers were David and Timothy Cahill, James Ruby, Joshua Spaulding, Caleb Allen, Walter Coutermarsh Jr. and Malcolm Walker.
Memorial contributions may be made to American Diabetes Association, 249 Canal St., Manchester, NH 03101; or Parkinsonís Disease Foundation, 1359 Broadway, Suite 1509, New York, NY 10018, www.pdf.org.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Aldous Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.