Charles G. Elnicki RitesMay 04,2013Charles G. Elnicki Rites
FLORENCE ó A graveside service with military honors for Charles G. Elnicki, 93, who died Jan. 18, 2013, was held Friday, May 3, 2013, in Evergreen Cemetery in Pittsford.
The Rev. Pat Jackman, pastor of the Pittsford Congregational Church, officiated.
Military honors were provided by Brandon American Legion Post 55. Color Guard members were John Mallary, Paul Scott, and Aaron Tucker. Burt Reynolds sounded Taps. Rifle squad members were Bob Gearwar, George Gearwar, Dave Walker and John Welch.
The American Flag was folded and presented to Mrs. Elnicki by members of the Vermont National Guard Military Funeral Honor Guard.
Arrangements were handled by the Barnard Funeral Home in Pittsford.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.