Charles G. Elnicki RitesMay 04,2013Charles G. Elnicki Rites
FLORENCE — A graveside service with military honors for Charles G. Elnicki, 93, who died Jan. 18, 2013, was held Friday, May 3, 2013, in Evergreen Cemetery in Pittsford.
The Rev. Pat Jackman, pastor of the Pittsford Congregational Church, officiated.
Military honors were provided by Brandon American Legion Post 55. Color Guard members were John Mallary, Paul Scott, and Aaron Tucker. Burt Reynolds sounded Taps. Rifle squad members were Bob Gearwar, George Gearwar, Dave Walker and John Welch.
The American Flag was folded and presented to Mrs. Elnicki by members of the Vermont National Guard Military Funeral Honor Guard.
Arrangements were handled by the Barnard Funeral Home in Pittsford.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 410 CE, Visigoths sack Rome and it isn't the first time, either; in 1859, Titusville, Pa., the first commercially viable oil well comes in; in 1918, the only World War I battle fought on U.S. soil in Nogales, Ariz.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Archaelogists uncover artifacts proving that late neolithic Egyptians, pre-dating the Pyramids of Giza, practiced mummification to prepare their dead for the afterlife, far earlier than presupposed.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.