Felony charge dismissed against Mount Holly manMay 02,2013Deadly weapon
Rutland County prosecutors have dismissed a Mount Holly manís charge of assault with a deadly weapon.
Months after Nathan M. Turco, 35, was charged with the felony offense, prosecutors dropped the charge as part of a plea deal in which Turco pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of simple assault.
Turco also admitted to violating his probation for a prior offense and was sentenced in March to serve 111 days in jail with credit for time served, according to court records.
Vermont State Police arrested Turco in November after an incident at a home on Shunpike Road in Mount Holly, where a 17-year-old told police that Turco held a knife to his throat and threatened him.
Prosecutors did not explain in court filings why the felony assault charge was dropped.MORE IN This Just InBig movie day at Town Hall Theater Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.