Felony charge dismissed against Mount Holly manMay 02,2013Deadly weapon
Rutland County prosecutors have dismissed a Mount Holly manís charge of assault with a deadly weapon.
Months after Nathan M. Turco, 35, was charged with the felony offense, prosecutors dropped the charge as part of a plea deal in which Turco pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of simple assault.
Turco also admitted to violating his probation for a prior offense and was sentenced in March to serve 111 days in jail with credit for time served, according to court records.
Vermont State Police arrested Turco in November after an incident at a home on Shunpike Road in Mount Holly, where a 17-year-old told police that Turco held a knife to his throat and threatened him.
Prosecutors did not explain in court filings why the felony assault charge was dropped.MORE IN This Just InKILLINGTON — Vermont State Police say they have made an arrest in the hit and run death of ... Full StoryPOULTNEY ó Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesnít know how to slow down. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation