Bomb scare shuts down MontpelierMay 02,2013
Police are investigating a report of a suspicious package left on Langdon Street this afternoon. Main Street has been closed off from State to School streets. Police are believed to be waiting for a K-9 unit to examine the package, which is described as a box. The incident was called into police around 4 p.m.
Eyewitnesses report a two-foot by two-foot box on the sidewalk by TD Bank. A bomb-sniffing dog/team is on the way to the scene. Rush-hour traffic is being tied up around the city as a result of the incident. Bystanders are being kept from the scene, which has been blocked by police. If you are in the city, you are asked to please stay away from the scene at this time.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.