Teen killed in Vermont crashApril 29,2013ENOSBURG — A standout high school basketball player in Vermont has died following a two-vehicle collision.
Police said 17-year-old Brandon Gleason of Enosburg was a front passenger in a Jeep when it collided with a pickup Friday night on Route 105 in Enosburg.
The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office said Gleason later died at a St. Albans hospital. Gleason was a senior at Enosburg Falls High School and was the state’s Mountain Division player of the year this past season.
Capt. Jay Sweeny of the sheriff’s office told WPTZ-TV that the driver of the pickup, 53-year old Patrick Prue of Franklin, was charged with driving under the influence, but that it hasn’t been determined who was at fault in the crash.
Three other teenagers in the Jeep were treated for injuries.MORE IN This Just InWASHINGTON — Congress ran full-tilt into election-year gridlock over immigration Thursday and... Full StoryREADSBORO — A longtime feud between neighbors may have led to an incident last month during which... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.