Police seize pot plants from shedApril 29,2013BURLINGTON — Burlington police say they’ve seized 32 marijuana plants that were growing in a backyard shed after stumbling across a pot-growing operation while searching for a wayward moose.
Police said they were called Saturday morning to assist Vermont Fish and Game wardens who were searching for a moose that had been seen wandering through a residential neighborhood.
While helping in the search, police say they came across the pot plants in a shed behind a home. After getting a search warrant, police seized 32 plants in varying stages of growth and an undetermined amount of processed marijuana.
Police arrested 29-year-old Joshua Brunelle, who lived in the home.
He’s being held on $5,000 bail.MORE IN This Just InBillings Farm & Museum in Woodstock will host its annual Baby Animal Day on Saturday. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.