Police seize pot plants from shedApril 29,2013BURLINGTON — Burlington police say they’ve seized 32 marijuana plants that were growing in a backyard shed after stumbling across a pot-growing operation while searching for a wayward moose.
Police said they were called Saturday morning to assist Vermont Fish and Game wardens who were searching for a moose that had been seen wandering through a residential neighborhood.
While helping in the search, police say they came across the pot plants in a shed behind a home. After getting a search warrant, police seized 32 plants in varying stages of growth and an undetermined amount of processed marijuana.
Police arrested 29-year-old Joshua Brunelle, who lived in the home.
He’s being held on $5,000 bail.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.