Police seize pot plants from shedApril 29,2013BURLINGTON — Burlington police say they’ve seized 32 marijuana plants that were growing in a backyard shed after stumbling across a pot-growing operation while searching for a wayward moose.
Police said they were called Saturday morning to assist Vermont Fish and Game wardens who were searching for a moose that had been seen wandering through a residential neighborhood.
While helping in the search, police say they came across the pot plants in a shed behind a home. After getting a search warrant, police seized 32 plants in varying stages of growth and an undetermined amount of processed marijuana.
Police arrested 29-year-old Joshua Brunelle, who lived in the home.
He’s being held on $5,000 bail.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!