Woman dies in Vt. crashApril 29,2013FAIRFAX — Vermont police said a New Jersey woman was killed in a two-vehicle crash at a street intersection in Fairfax.
Police said 21-year-old Davis Bodette III of Cambridge, was driving Saturday when the car went past a stop sign on Fletcher Road and was hit on the passenger side by a pickup, driven by 36-year-old Michelle Messier of Milton.
Police say a passenger in Bodette’s car — 21-year-old Karleigh Baumann of New Jersey — was injured and taken to a hospital, where she died.
Bodette and Messier each had minor injuries.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: A brief midsummer return of last winter’s stubborn cold air mass descends over the Northern Plains, Midwest and Northeast this week bringing colder than seasonable daytime temperatures.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Founding father and 2nd president John Adams signs Sedition Act on this day in 1798 providing jail time for criticizing the government; Benjamin Franklin's grandson and namesake dies in jail, for satirizing the president.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.