Woman dies in Vt. crashApril 29,2013FAIRFAX — Vermont police said a New Jersey woman was killed in a two-vehicle crash at a street intersection in Fairfax.
Police said 21-year-old Davis Bodette III of Cambridge, was driving Saturday when the car went past a stop sign on Fletcher Road and was hit on the passenger side by a pickup, driven by 36-year-old Michelle Messier of Milton.
Police say a passenger in Bodette’s car — 21-year-old Karleigh Baumann of New Jersey — was injured and taken to a hospital, where she died.
Bodette and Messier each had minor injuries.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.